Saturday, November 21, 2009

The wait is over, and boy was it worth the wait


New Moon weekend is about to come to a close. We have waited through endless countdowns, spoilers, early reviewers and set stalking pictures, and we now finally were able to see the movie. What a movie it was. New Moon was one-hundred percent different than Twilight. We all knew the director Chris Weitz used a different method than Twilight’s director Catherine Hardwicke, but did I expect a movie like this? No.

Let’s start off with the obvious. Where is the acting school that the entire cast attended located? Is it up in ‘the couve’ somewhere? Wherever it is, congratulations on the amazing talent you have put on screen. I knew Kristen Stewart had it in her, I knew she had the talent I mean check out all of her movies, she is much more than stuttering and biting her bottom lip and finally through countless debates and constantly sticking up for her she did it! Although everyone’s acting skills improved I felt like hers was the most noticeable. You could feel her depression; you could see that she was literally dead inside when Edward left. The scene where the months pass by was brilliant, I have never felt so depressed or sadden in my life. My heart ached for her and I felt her pain and I hated Edward for making her and ME feel like this! Kstew did an amazing job; she took you on Bella’s emotional journey. Every girl who reads the books puts themselves as Bella and I felt in New Moon you could live through all the emotions you put yourself through. I went from happy, to sad, to happy/sad, happy, and sad and back to happy again. It was such an emotional rollercoaster but I am glad I got in line and rode it.
Although I am Team Edward the werewolves did win me over. I thought the CGI was amazing and I was scared for a little bit! By seeing the wolves on screen I was able to understand a lot more and learn more about them. As for Jacob, I will never be team Jacob BUT what I did love about seeing this movie was I was finally able to understand and feel bad for Jacob. At the end I did feel bad for him, I felt bad that he had to watch his “love” walk away and be with his enemy. After everything Bella and Edward has gone through it had to happen with Jacob and Bella. Edward left Bella in the beginning of the book, at the end of New Moon Bella “leaves” Jacob.

Some of my favorite parts were any scene with Charlie in them, the elevator ride down to see the Volturi, how the scenes transition in the garage with Jacob and Bella and the family vote. Some scenes I wish I would’ve gotten to see would be after Alice, Edward and Bella see the Volturi and wait in the waiting room, the plane rides to and from Italy and when Edward and Bella cuddle on the couch watching Romeo and Juliet. All in all though I cannot complain. The movie follows the book to a T, and the scenes that were shown were everything I imagined. I was so impressed, I have seen it twice so far and tomorrow I am going back for more. I have read some reviews that hated the movie, and I just don’t see how one could hate the movie, dislike okay maybe, but not hate.

What are your thoughts on the movie, and if you haven’t already do you plan on seeing it more than once? Email me at sara0386@gmail.com. I’ll return to my usual blogging style soon, I just wanted to put out this review and see what you guys thought! So good mooning to all of you, and I am excited this journey finally happened! I am so happy to have had this experience for this movie, and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for the rest of the movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment